Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Mis-Adventures of Superman

It starts off strong with an awesome cover by Jerry Ordway -
Then bam! Eric Larson interior art work.
Honestly, which Superman do you prefer?

My bias towards Larsen is showing. Ever since he took over for Todd McFarlane on Amazing Spider-Man, I haven't been a fan.

That's not to say he can't draw a decent panel or two.
In this case, just one.

I enjoy the bitchy to Lois' attitude, it was the highlight of the book.
And with that haircut I'd be pissed off too.

I can't totally blame all the mis-adventures on the art. No offense to Marv Wolfman, usually love your stuff, but Doctor Stratos - who? Don't know, don't care. Pretty much how I felt reading this comic.
He's only worth mentioning due to guest appearances from the 80's dynamic duo - Ronald Reagan and Mikhail Gorbachev.


Adventures of Superman #431 1987
Writer: Marv Wolfman
Artist: Erik Larsen 
Cover Artist: Jerry Ordway

No comments:

Post a Comment